Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Best Friend


She is my constant and steady. She is the one I call first about everything. She is my son's Godmother. She is my rock. She is the push I need. She is my eye opener. She is my "Sam dig deeper and look harder." She is a child of God. She is a great wife and mother, and has shared her wisdom about such to me. She is unselfish and the most giving person I know. We share our tears and our many laughs. We talk of growing old, getting wrinkles and dare I say fat. We talk of how our lives were intertwined before we knew each other and how that is proof that God brought us to each other when we needed it most. To know the truth we are opposites of each other. She is the calmer one of us, and I am not so calm, but come to think of it she isn't always calm...quiet firecracker. She is the one who centers me, and I get her to let go ( a little). We always defend each other right or wrong in front of the world, but tell each other in private what we did do wrong. Only she knows how fiercely protective I am over our friendship and only she knows why. It's so funny how I will be thinking that I need to talk to her or wondering how she is and she will call me. Every morning when I drink out of this coffee mug she gave me it's a reminder of how blessed I am to have such a great person in my life. Anyone who knows her should consider themselves lucky to have her as a friend. We have been the best of friends for almost 10 years now. I hope to have many, many more years, because hey we are just getting started.

3 comments:

Joanne Fowler said...

So sweet! Love this journaling. If you have one good girlfriend, you are truly rich!

Lindsey said...

Wonderful to have BEST friends. Love each other through everything...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Sam!! That is the most beautiful thing I have ever read and it is about me. No way!! I teared up so much when I read this and now several days I am able to write about it. As I have told you before you can express your feelings so well in words and I just have a hard time with that. I guess I show them with actions. You know how I feel about you and our friendship. You did come along at a time in my life when I needed a real true friend. God does work in wonderful ways. I Love you girl.