Sunday, July 1, 2007

Our hands tell our story

I took these pictures on Mothers Day at my work. My resident and her daughter said that it was ok if I took their pictures. She said that it would be great to have a picture of their hands together. So she put her mothers hands on the bed on a beautiful quilt. Her mother is around 90 years old and she is in her 60's. Looking at these pictures their hands look so much alike. They are both wonderful people. Sometimes as a nurse I get so wrapped up in nursing duties that I forget that these women have been young and falling in love, getting married to men that were off in a war (WW I or WW II), they have been mothers during hard times, good friends, hard workers, grandmothers and great grandmothers and now they spend a lot of time alone and thinking about time past. From time to time during the hustle and bustle I try to take time out to talk about something with them other than their bowel movements and indigestion. I love being around elderly ( seasoned) as I call them ladies. They have wonderful advise and they have been around the block and back. Most of the time I get "Enjoy life and don't sweat the small stuff because life is to short". How can you argue with logic like that?

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

gorgeous pictures. such detail, and hands can really tell a story about a life huh? Nice conversions too.

Amy Covey said...

What sweet journaling! I love the hands photo, but my favorite is definitely the last photo. The conversion is perfect for it!

Erika said...

Sweet Pictures, love the story and time they show!

amazing grace said...

Wow! those hands do tell a story. like the first pic and great conversion!
leah

Joanne Fowler said...

BEAUTIFUL! These are so perfect in telling so much. Love them!