Saturday, February 9, 2008

December Shoot (Me being Freaked Out!!!)

This is my hairdressers son. She wanted studio pictures of him for his 2 year birthday. I was really freaked out because the studio is not my thing. So I went into panic mode. Thank goodness one of my friends has the studio thing down. She came with me and helped me out more than I thought possible. I am not the best with other peoples children and she knew all the right things to do. Well he really was not into having his picture taken. You know how kids are..one day they are fine, the next they would not smile if you gave them a bucket of candy. So he really was not enjoying himself and did not want to smile at me. So after the torture of the studio I decided we needed to go down the road and head for the park. Then we were both in our element and he was more relaxed and so was I. Then I got some really great shots. I know that I need to get more experince for studio work but it feels so constricting to me. I feel so much more creative and free when I am outside. So this is a big hurdle that I need to work on...because I don't live in Florida and our weather sucks... so outside shoots are not always possible and its not what everyone wants. Well any advice would be great to help me with my phobia. I guess I am just a natural light kinda gal. Thanks for looking and reading my blog.










7 comments:

Margaret said...

I think you did a good job with your studio shots and with your outdoor ones, too. Sometimes little ones don't want to cooperate, and I agree it's easier to get good shots when they're more in their element. I think these are nice!

jaw515 said...

I really love that first one the lighting and the expression are priceless

Chell said...

fun shots. I love to shoot outside too, bu studio can be fun too.

Mom2Drew said...

I'm a natural light gal so the studio stuff is not my cup of tea. The studio pics look good to me, minus the missing foot in the truck shot;)

Becky said...

I always prefer outside shots to studio shots myself. These are all nice!

Amy said...

I think you did great on these, both indoor and outdoor! Those last three are precious.

Noni Bell said...

You did a great job girl! You have a talent! You underestimate yourself! Great Job with all the shots!!!