Sunday, February 10, 2008

LOVE and MOMMA'S PINK SOCKS

Well tonight at bedtime Sammy found my dirty pink furry socks and he proceeds to put them on. Even though it was past bedtime and the only reason he found the socks in the first place was because he was trying to get out of going back to bed....he was so cute and Mommy needed to take a few pictures. He was more than willing to pose for me now because he did not want to go back to bed. I took a few shots then I told him it was time for bed and he started to get mad and wanted me to take more pictures so (of course) I did. I just love my little guy. We have had a rough week with sickness and not wanting to listeness..if that is a word, and we have been banging our heads together all week. I even took a mommy time out today for an hour. That usually never happens. And daddy made Sammy take a time out as well. Afterwards everything was ok and of course all was forgiven. My time out gave me some time to chill and to also center my feelings and get them under control. I get stressed out with just everyday stuff then when I think that I am not doing enough for my son as far as his Autism goes I just go into a tail spin. But BUT at the end of that I know that God gave me this wonderful little boy for a reason. I remember all the heartbreak, losing a baby and waiting for God to answer my prayers. He did answer my prayers.. this child literally saved my life! I may not understand everything about what is going on in my son's mind due to Autism but I do know that he is kind, loving, smart, funny little boy that loves me no matter what. I have never felt a love so open and without bounderies before in my life. I hope that someday when he is all grown up that he will be able to say "you know..my mom loved me and she fought for me and I love her so much." I think all moms want to be able to hear that when their children grow up. Well to be honest I don't even have to hear that..it's selfish..I just want him to be happy, healthy and if its not too much to ask well adjusted. I am so proud to say that Samuel is my son and I am so proud to be his mom.







16 comments:

Donnah Ciempka said...

Wow what beautiful words. What an amazing gift you are giving your son - he is so lucky to have you. I am a teacher and I have come to learn that kids who make it despite all the odds, are kids with parents who have truly supported them. You are doing a great job, one day he will know. I also absolutely love his shirt! My daughters both need one.

Mandy said...

Great story and photos. It is hard with the every day....for every mom, and we all need time outs.

I just love your photos! Beautiful.

Liz said...

The last shot with the socks is too cute! Love that you got her little bum as well as her feet.

Anonymous said...

great shots but even more I love your words here! Just wonderful.
Cari

pakosta said...

what a great post!
he's adorable! i esp. LOVE that last one!!! i am sure you are doing everything you can for your son! it must be so hard!! prayers and hugs!
tara

Mom2Drew said...

I wish I knew more about Autisum, but am so glad it's getting more attention lately. It looks like he is a happy boy and definitely loved. Thank you for your honest journaling, I love reading it.

Becky said...

Wonderful journaling. Love the shot of him in your socks, and the pic of his t-shirt captures your mood.

Unknown said...

Awwwww~ I love these pics. So adorable! tfs.

Anonymous said...

Love those pink socks. No your not selfish it is just something you hope to hear. But with just the looks he gives you he may be saying all that. Hugs

Tera Fraley said...

how cute!! I love the last one, great socks!! Love your journaling too!

Farrah Jobling said...

ahhh...that is really sweet!

Val said...

Love those pink socks!

Kari said...

What a story, thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

What sweet journaling you wrote. That last photo is just precious, actually they all are!

Bobbi said...

Your words really made me tear up. I cannot imagine how tough your job is and you are amazing for doing such a great one! I am sure he will someday talk about how much you fought for him. Those pink sock pitures are so great.

Suzy said...

What a story! Love your pix to!