Saturday, September 22, 2007

Not So Great Of A Day

I blogged earlier today that my son, niece and I were going with my friend and her son to a fall festival and then to take some pictures. The day did not end up that way. We were only there for a few minutes and we were looking around to see what the festival had to offer for the kids. Out of know were a lady came over the microphone and began yelling for EMT and Fire Department personnel. We looked at the street and a man got out of his truck and was freaking out and a few people were in the street around a body. My friend is an EMT and I told her to just go! Were maybe 50 feet away from the accident. I held on to my kiddo's and her son for dear life watching what was going on right in front of my eyes. I sat the kids down under a tree for some shade because it was so hot and made sure they were turned to where they could not see what was going on. All I could see was Erica's red shirt and her working on this little body. I soon found out that it was a 3 year old little boy and he (from what we understand right now) like little ones do..... ran out in front of the truck. Needless to say he was hurt very bad. Then to make matters worse it ended up being a little boy I know. His mother and grandmother work with me. I could see how upset and just...I don't know how to explain it. His mother was just outside of herself. All I could do was hang on to our kids and give them kisses. After the scene was cleared my friend came back and all she could do was wash her hands and tried to act as normal as possible. We let the kids get into a blow up jumping thing but... the thoughts of what had just happened were to much. All i could see in my head was my son darting for the road and we decided to pack it up and get out of there. When we got back to the house I told Erica that I just could not take the pictures right now. She understood and of course we were both emotionally pulled apart. She more than I. I don't see how she does it. We both are nurses and we see bad things alot but I could not do what she does. And I don't want to. She called me tonight to see how I was doing. I told her that I could not get it out of my mind and I just felt blah all day. My little one is laying on the couch beside me snoring and I am so glad that I get to hear every little breath he is taking right now. I thank God for every minute that I have with my son. Life changes so fast and in a blink of an eye your whole world can change. I guess that I am just writing all this to get it out of my head. I don't know about you all but blogging sometimes feels like therapy. Please pray for this little boy and his family. The last I heard he was life flighted to Louisville to another hospital.

3 comments:

cherie said...

prayers for the family and hugs to you sorry you had sucha rough day!

Tori said...

So sorry to hear about your day! The picture you reworked is quite nice!

Deb said...

oh I am so sorry. I am also relieved that your friend was there and able to give immediate assistance.

Please keep us updated.