Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Aftermath Of Surgery



Laz surgery went as expected. He did great but was a little nervous at first. His blood pressure shot up to 141/100 and this was before the IV. He isn't a big fan of needles. I had to wait for over 3 hours before I could see him and when I did he was drunk as a monkey. He kept asking the same things over and over to me and Trent... side effect of the wonderful cocktail you receive when they put you out . Well we finally got home after getting his stomach and blood pressure under control. So now it's about rest and getting some sleep. Laz and Samuel watched " Millionaire" on the T.V and tried to spend some time together. It's kinda hard when a 3 yr. old wants to pounce on daddy like he always does. We have to keep telling him that Daddy has a "boo boo". As of this morning we have some swelling and a upset stomach. If not for the polarizer on his leg I'm sure the knee would look and hurt twice as bad. So we keep Lortab in the blood stream and everything is is almost tolerable. He will go back to see the doctor tomorrow and have his bandages changed and possibly get off the crutches. I think he will be good as new before ya know it. Please keep praying for his recovery.

2 comments:

Joanne Fowler said...

Love that first shot! Poor guy, hope he's feeling better soon!

Lindsey said...

I am so glad you posted this. I was wanting to know how he did! I am praying - I PROMISE! When are you guys leaving - or has he decided to wait a few days? Oh - my knees hurt just thinking about it all!