Friday, March 21, 2008

Green things in my yard

When I got home from work Thursday morning the sun was shining and I decided to take a few shots in my yard. I don't usually don't get time to do that but since everyone was asleep I took advantage. One is of my Easter flowers that are just not ready yet. Then a few are of our Hungarian plant we brought back from my father-in-laws home town...Sekesfehervar..Ha! that's a mouth full. Yes I know its against the law to bring plants in from other countries..but I did it! It's kinda like a lilac bush. When I brought it home it was in a wet paper towel in a baggie. Now its a huge bush. We have had it growing in our back yard for 5 years...since our last visit. I will have to take more shots of it when it blooms out. Then the brownish lookin plant is a pain..literally. Its some type of thorn plant. I was trying to get the spider web on it but it kinda looks crazy..like some type of insect with horns.. the other shot is of the branch, the flower and some of the thorns. I know they look nuts but I like how the morning sun looked shining on the ugly plant.










13 comments:

Joanne Fowler said...

Fun shots! The color in the last one is so warm!

Becky said...

Ha ha. I won't tell on you about the plant. Love the sunlight on that last one!

Tracie said...

Very pretty, I especially like the last one. Isn't it nice to see things blooming!

Mom2Drew said...

That second to last shot is remarkable!

Amy said...

These are so pretty! I love the early morning light, it's so peaceful.

Margaret said...

I love that plant. So interesting. The third picture down is just beautiful, as is the last one! Fabulous lighting!

Anonymous said...

you rebel! love the green!

Bobbi said...

I love the lighting in the last two pictures, very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

These shots are so heavenly. I really love your DOF on the shots of the branches. The last one just speaks to me. Such warm and beautiful sun.

Val said...

Yay spring! Love the last two

pakosta said...

that last shot is AMAZING!
tara

Tori said...

these are nice! Love the light in the last one...

pat said...

Cool shots! Really like the color and lighting in those last two...they look like something out of a dream. The daffie leaves are great!