Wednesday, March 19, 2008

With New Toys come New Pictures

Yesterday the man in brown dropped a box at my door. My sweet hubby surprised me with a new battery grip, two new batteries, and a wireless remote. Well of course today I had to play. Samuel and I took pictures for about 40 minutes this afternoon. This was the first time ever this child posed for me. I was so proud of him. He would love on the cat, love on me, then would stick his tongue out at me. He has figured out that I will let him see himself in the camera. That trick ...I hope will work for awhile. Well I finally did it. I always dread it..but I did it. I took pictures of me. A remote made it a bit easier. I think they look like mug shots ....especially the black and white. Maybe next time I will put on some make-up. You would think I would learn my lesson...being in my 30's requires more spackle and paint. I'm just not into it that much. I guess I had better get into it before I scare off everyone who keeps up with my blog. Please put on your sunglasses before clicking this button!! I will have to put that on my signature for 2 peas. You poor things that check blogs at two in the morning. I will scare ya to death!!!! Ha! Ha! I had my ISO turned up to 800 because of my room being to dark..so I got more noise that I wanted..plus focus was a bit off...due to trying to set up the shot then setting in front of the camera...not used to that or the remote just yet. But I will get there and will love it. Thanks for looking and everyone have a great day...or night.

























12 comments:

~*Steffie*~ said...

The one of him an the cat is cracking me up! They BOTH seems to have that "mom are we done yet?" expression!

Margaret said...

I really like these shots! You look great! Love the interaction between you and your son. How fun to have some new camera toys! Looks like you're enjoying them.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie...and I love your self portraits too. So much fun.

Becky said...

Oh stop it, you're beautiful! We women really need to stop picking on ourselves, don't we? The ones with you and Samuel show so much love and happiness!

Lori said...

I think they look great! Your son is too sweet, and I love the ones of you both together. I've been hinting for a battery grip for Mother's Day - I had one for my old film SLR and loved it!

cherie said...

cute shots of both of you !!!!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I have been thinking about getting a wiresless remote...I just may have to!
Cari

pakosta said...

these are adorable! and you are so so cute you don't need makeUP~!
tara

Joanne Fowler said...

Hey pretty girl! Quit putting yourself down! You look great! The pics of just you look like you were playing in a photo booth - so fun! These are so awesome, you're gonna love the remote, aren't you? :)

I still see so much of you in Sammy, especially that little cupie mouth!

Amy said...

These are great shots, I love the second and third ones! What a nice surprise from your dh!

Noni Bell said...

Sam, you are more beautiful than you give yourself credit for. Sammy is the cutest thing ever! He is my little buddy and I wouldn't have it any other way! Those hugs and kisses I get from him on Monday nights I look forward to as much as scrappin! You did a great job on the pics! We are gonna have to go play with that new stuff...hint, hint...lol...love ya chick!

Unknown said...

awwww my sister is so purrty and my nephew is the most handsome little man. Love you!