Sunday, March 16, 2008

My first Newborn Session

This little man and I mean little..is one of my bestest friends new baby boy. He was born premature by over a month....so technically he should not even be born yet. This little guy only weighs about 5 pounds My friend lives in a small place and all I had was light from the front door and my speedlight. Which I have not mastered at all yet. Well I am going to pat myself on the back for once in my life..I think I did a good job. I have only heard positive so far. Positioning a preemie is alot more difficult than I thought and we did not have a lot of room to work with. He already has a mind of his own. If I moved him a certain way he would cry and snuggle himself the opposite way. I am not done with all my proofing and there are still things I want to do with the shots...not to happy with my black and white just yet...but I thought I would share. Kinda excited!!! Well all my 2 peas please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking. It really means alot to me!!

8 comments:

Angelica said...

What a sweet little cutie! I can't believe how much hair he has! I think you did great!

Joanne Fowler said...

These are so sweet! Love you creativity too. He's so adorable, I can't wait to hold him too! I can't decide on a fave... I love the interaction of him touching her face and I love the "heart" with the feet.... so so sweet! You did a fab job, girlie!

Photo's by Shan said...

I think you did a really good job. He is so adorable! I can't believe how much hair he has. I think the lighting and the color looks really good.

amazing grace said...

love the hands and feet one---so cute! he's tiny!!!

Krista P said...

Wow - great job! What a sweet face! THis is the cutest little bug I've seen in a while. DD was 5 pounds when she was born too. They just seem to fragile, don't they? You did a fantastic job.

brandy said...

#2, is great! I love that it looks like he is reaching for her face. I really like the last one too. In my opinion, you did wonderful for the first newborn session!

If you could find a great black/white action or whatever, you'd be amazed how differently they will look! Not that they need it, it's just something different & beautiful about it.

Jo said...

These are great! I love the one where he's reaching up to hold his mum! Lovely light.
Jo

Noni Bell said...

Sam, you never cease to amaze me with your talent. You have a true gift for finding and telling a story in a photograph. He is a beautiful little boy anyway but the way you captured him in these pics makes you just want to eat him up! Great job once again! I love them all!