Monday, March 10, 2008

My long lost Thena ( Kathina )


This chicky and I have been the best of friends since the 3rd grade. She has always been there for me. She was in my wedding and always in my heart...I can't ever remember her saying anything bad to me or stabbing me in the back...and when you have know each other as long as we have...girls will be mean girls..but she was always so kind to me. She is one of those friends who you don't get to see to often because she lives in Evanville and works all the time. I had not seen her for a few years but she called me Saturday morning and wanted to come and visit either Saturday afternoon or Sunday after church. Well needless to say my whole family overslept and did not make it to church. So we had some coffee and it was time for showers. As soon as I got in the shower the phone rings and its Kathina and she is in my driveway. I could not get ready fast enough. I was so excited to see her. Man I ran down the hall and almost killed myself getting to her. We just hugged and hugged. Our families sat around talking and she and I were kinda in our own world just talking and catching up on life. Later we all went out to eat Mexican food and had a great time. We usually email each other and stuff but now she has my blog addy and she can keep up with what is going on with me. It was so wonderful to see her. You can tell when you have a friend for life because you can not see each other for years and just pick up where you left off like you never missed a beat. I am so blessed to have atleast three friends like that. Kim, Kathina, and Becky...whom we just found each other again 3 wks ago. Now we are having coffee together atleast once a week and talk almost everyday.
PS. I did not take the picture....and WE had no makeup on...sorry.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

What a great story! It is so wonderful to have friends like that. You are so lucky! (And so is she!) You can tell from that picture how happy you are to be together.

Becky said...

How nice! And you both look beautiful, even with no makeup!

Alexis said...

Thanks for sharing your story - friends are so important and you're so lucky to have such a wonderful one!

Noni Bell said...

Keep hold of those friends. There aren't many like that out there anymore. Love ya chick! Great story, glad you could spend some well needed time together.