Friday, May 2, 2008

Phase I of the kitchen...ohh and Noni..I got ya!

We are getting new cabinets and counter tops on May 21. It is rolling in fast. Today I had to sand our walls (due to some weird texture that was on there when we bought the house)the new color looked like crap with what ever that was on there. It felt like my teeth were bouncing around in my head when I was doing this...I still can't hear anything..Finally I got finished sanding...So then I moved on to painting. This color is sort of bold..but its what I wanted...and I will get what I want one way or the other. It was a fight but he gave in to the orange/red color. It matches the solid surface counter top we are getting. But now that it is on the wall...I love it even more. THE BOLDER THE BETTER. He are a few pictures of the before kitchen...Yes it is a total mess..but that is what happens when you start redoing everything. I don't know how long I can stand everything being out of wack. But it will be worth it in the end...I think this kitchen is ugly as all hell...but not for long..I have a shot of the new cabinet...just one of the doors that Lowes will let you take home. I will be posting more pics as we get things done. Thanks for looking.








Noni took this of me acting stupid...Just did not think she would post it!! What do they say? Pay Backs are WHat?????



I gotta ya back.....I know you did not want this one out...I love ya girl!

9 comments:

Becky said...

How fun! I like the color. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress. And I sense a photo war brewing between you and Noni!

Noni Bell said...

Oh Sam....you are SO lucky I like you! That is horrible! Love the kitchen though...it's gonna be awesome when you get finished!

P.S. I am plotting now....lol!

Jess said...

Ooh, I LOVE that new wall color! My house is full of bold colors too.. J didn't get a choice I just went out and bought the paint and had the house half painted by the time he got home one day, ROFL! :p

(you still look great even with gum on your nose... and LOL at Noni's pic! She is gonna GET YOU! LOL)

selena said...

I like that color! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen :)

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

How exciting to get to remodel. I am looking forward to doing some work on mine. I think that you should really have a good payback.

Sara said...

LOL at the gotcha!
Looks like your renovation will be fun. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Christiana said...

I can't wait to see it. That color is awesome. Love the countertops & cabinets! Gonna be beautiful.

Sandra Collins said...

love the color of the wall!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cabinets & tile. Love ya, Me